Friday 21 June 2019

Technology

Hi Friday Bloggers:)
Post 1 is about a piece of technology you use. I'm a big fan of technology and I try to keep up to date with new electronic gadgets. I love playing with photographic cameras, video cameras, computers and that sort of thing. I guess these appliances have had a big effect on my life. When I was a child my parents brought their first television (black & white!) when I was 6 years old. The Higginson family got its first record player when I was 11 and digital watches and electronic calculators became common whilst I was at secondary school (I could never afford either!). Many of the appliances that people nowadays take for granted have become common during my lifetime, things like digital cameras, cell phones and computers didn't exist when I was a boy. I think the first piece of technology I owned was a synthesizer, a Korg MS10 which I bought in 1978. I never really learnt to use it properly and I must have sold it a few years later when I moved to London. 

My favourite piece of technology nowadays has to be my sampler. I bought it a few years ago and, although I still haven't had time to learn all its functions, it gives me hours of fun. It's an Akai MPC 5000 which is the biggest sampler in the MPC series. It has 16 in pads in 4 banks which means up to 64 samples can be loaded and then played into sequences. Each sequence can have up to 99 tracks. The sequences can then be programmed into songs. Traditionally, the MPC is used to make hip-hop but I experiment will lots of other styles too. Here's something I did on the MPC with a Chilean friend:
Write about your favourite piece of technology. 
Say: 
What it is, 
When you got it, 
What you use it for, 
Why you like it.
Mention anything else you think is important. Write at least 150 words. Leave a comment on your teacher’s blog and on at least 3 of your classmates’ blogs.

12 comments:


  1. I swear I still do not know what you're talking about, but the track sounds good xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question: The black and white TV that your family got when you was six years old working with a knob and a pliers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the song of your friend, sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s interesting the song of your friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. black and white, equality for daltonics

    ReplyDelete
  6. how incredible like you went through all the stages of the technology since its starts :O

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is very interesting the song of your friend.

    ReplyDelete

  8. It's impressive how many sequences can play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very interesting! you have to have time for that

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is an excellent piece of technology

    ReplyDelete