Friday 7 June 2019

A Group or Artist

Hi Blogheads!

Today I'd like you to write about a group you have seen or would like to see. I'm lucky in that respect because I have seen 100's of great bands. As a teenage I started going to concerts (gigs) from the age of about 14 years old. Some of the artists I've seen include David Bowie, Nina Simone, The Clash, Joy Division, Prince, and lots of groups you most probably have never heard of. Today I'll write about Massive Attack who I seen here in Chile twice.
Massive Attack are a trip-hop band from Bristol. Trip-hop is a style of electronic hip-hop made in Britain at the end of the 1980's and into the 1990's. After Massive, the most well known artists are Moloko, Portishead and Tricky (all of whom I've seen live over the years).
I saw Massive Attack in Espacio Riesgo - which isn't a great place to see bands but by no means the worst. The band had a really spectacular live show with lots of slides or clips being projected on to the stage behind the band. They also work with various singers on record by use 2 or 3 when performing live. One of the main singers with the band is Horace Andy a Jamacian Singer who is about 65 years old. He has a special way of phrasing that I really enjoy listening to. The band also have some amazing songs like Safe from Harm, Unfinished Sympathy & Protection. Most people here in Chile know them for their 3rd album Mezzanine.
The thing I enjoyed most about the gig was just the fact of finally getting to see the group live, I'd been following them since their first official release in 1990 and every time I'd been in a position to see them live something went wrong and I could go. It was quite strange that I finally got to see them in Chile. I actually meet one of the band at my nephew's house in 2001, 3 years before I saw them live. Here is a video of the band on their 2nd visit to Chile in 2010.




Write about a group or artist you have seen (or would like to see).
Say:
Who they are,
What kind of music they play,
Where you saw them,
What you enjoyed about the concert.
Mention anything else you think is interesting. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

15 comments:


  1. You have many hours of concerts in the body xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better later than never!! How you can go to many concerts? these are so expensive. I think you know a lot of music, I feel some embarrassed for my poor post... And I'm bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to very few concerts compared to you

    ReplyDelete

  4. I would like to go to as many concerts as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, you saw Joy Division and The Clash, freaking amazing.
    Forever Ian Curtis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...what good experience to participate in concerts

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow,i can see that this dream could be very fine, I sign up for this

    ReplyDelete
  8. The atmosphere in those concerts must be incredible

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iknew some song of Massive Attack and are cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooow, how crazy that you have known one of its members before in a situation that is different to a concert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are very lucky! I have never been to a concert :c

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!! I would like to be able to attend as many concerts as you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did not know this band, but it sounds pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's is a decade of good music

    ReplyDelete