Friday 24 May 2019

A Hobby

Hi Blogheads,

Today I'd like you to write about something you enjoy doing in your free time. I guess my favourite hobby is making music and home-made videos. I've been making music since I was about 12 or 13 years old when I started to play guitar.  I added the video making in the last 10 years or so. Everything I do is self-taught and I don't have a strong background in music but I have lots of fun creating songs or pieces of music. Most of the music I do nowadays is electronic. I use a program called Ableton Live which is an amazing piece of software as it allows me to make music using nothing more than my PC keyboard. I can also record other instruments and vocals so it's basically turning my PC into a recording studio. I've been trying to record music for a long time so I've picked up some recording tips along the way. I think I generally manage to get a good mix. I don't think I have a particular sound as I tend to record different styles, often mixing acoustic and electronic instruments. I like House music and that may come across in some of the more chilled-vibes. Occasionally I sing.
The video making I do is very experimental and I often mix time-lapse video and stuff I've recorded on my phone or camera. Sometimes I use found footage. I like treating images and saturating them to create something new. I use iMovie as it's very easy to use (and it came free with my computer). I usually spend 5 or 6 hours a week doing this hobby. I'll like to do it more often but there are always so many other things to do (like writing my blog!!).






Write about something you do in your free time.
Say:
What it is,
How long you have done it,
What it involves,
Where you do it,
What equipment you need,
How often you do it.

Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

17 comments:

  1. I'm surprised by your hobby, the video is very good!!! congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, amazing work Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is diffrent sound, is original

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting sounds, good mix

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's a very interesting hobby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sounds he creates are very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooow his music is vey good!! i like. congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should upload your music to youtube

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the song in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you dont lost the time, this hobbys are very interesting and need it very much time

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that do mixes is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot leave a comment, I'm so sorry. The song is really good

    ReplyDelete
  13. you would be an excellent music producer

    ReplyDelete
  14. the song is quite strange, but good

    ReplyDelete