Friday 12 April 2019

A City

Hi Blogheads:

A city I'd like to visit is Berlin. I guess I've been lucky because I've already had the chance to visit amazing cities like Tokyo, Paris, Barcelona, Venice, New York, Istanbul and Edinburgh (to name a few!!). However, although I've visited cities in the South of Germany like Munich, I've never been to Berlin. I don't really know that much about the city. David Bowie lived there with Iggy Pop and Brian Eno during the 70s. The architecture is said to be magnificent and, of course, the city is home to the Love Parade - Europe's wildest gay festival.
I think it will be interesting to see the remains of the wall, an event I experienced live on Television. Like all big cities, there are no doubt tourist sights to see and museums that you should visit. I think I'd just like to wander around and see what I find. I think Berlin must be a big living museum, a historical place. I would definitely do the David Bowie tour. You can check it out here: https://musictours-berlin.com/bowie-berlin-walk
Obviously, I'd like to go with my wife, She speaks some German so she'd have to do all the talking. All I can do is order a coffee or a beer and count to ten:)
You can see some clips of Berlin in this Bowie video from 2014:


Write about a city you would like to visit.
Say:
Why you'd like to visit it,
What you know about the city,
What you would do there,
Who you would go with and why.

Write at least 150 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

13 comments: